Monday, April 27, 2009

Mc'Scaffolding

As some of you may or may not know, I cut the ambilical cord from Disco and the Wood and moved into a loft in the old Swisher Tobacco Warehouse a couple blocks down from Clipper Stadium in late February. Before the renovations were even complete, but just hours after getting the keys to the new place, J.P.B. and a few others properly Christened the place. It's a cool place, come check it out when your in town.

This past Saturday night was a particularly eventful night. After helping my girl move, McMonagle decided to wander up Prince Street from the Chameleon to partake in some pizza and drinks. As is common at my apartment, there are plenty of drinks to be had, always. With the arrival of a couple of my friends from the building, we opted to grab a bunch of Yuengling pounders and head out to the parking lot with a football. Couple hit cars, couple times chasing the football down Prince street, and a couple of times threatening to tow peoples cars because they don't live there, and it's shaping up to be a pretty typical Saturday night, nothing too exciting.

Then young Michael sees the scaffolding for the port cochere/awning for my building. I would guess it's approximately 20-24ft high. Well, being on top of the scaffolding wasn't sufficient for Mike. He opted to climb through the exposed I-Beams and onto the 1/2 completed roof where he sang, drank, and attempted to play catch with us bystanders 20+ft below. Luckily he didn't fall. After a nice toss of a full beer, which I caught left-handed without spilling a drop, Mike came down and went to Marion after finishing his beer.

The next day I met up with Denison and his girlfriend at the Brewing Co. and he asked my if McMonagle was really running around on my roof last night, to which I replied yes.

The cool thing about living in downtown Lancaster is you never know what is going to happen or who you're going to run into. I didn't realize Lancaster was this fun until I moved to 425 Prince.

-bix

4 comments:

  1. McMigrane makes some of the best and worst decisions at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story.. I was wearing flim-floms too. In retrospect, I'd do it all again, only in some solid sneakers and a cape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bix- try to get one of those pictures your buddy took of me up there.. i forget if it was on his phone or on a camera..

    ReplyDelete